[vc_row][vc_column][sc_icon_with_title icon_size=”medium” icon=”e604″ title=”Apply to compete in the Icelandic Cosplay Championship at Midgard 2019″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Sign ups for the ICC close Friday September 13th at 23:59
- Bought costumes are permitted, as well as handmade costumes, and/or a combination thereof.
- No age limit is set for the contest.
- No age minimum is set for the contest.
- The contest is open to both individuals and groups.
- The cosplay can be based on a fictional character from a published source.
- The cosplay can be based on an original character.
- Costumes that have been used to compete in other cosplay contests are permitted.
- Costumes must be finished by the day of pre-judging. Repairs after arrival are permitted.
- The competing costume does not need to be entirely handmade.
- Pre-judging is done on the Saturday to review the costume, and it’s creation.
- Hand made components will generally receive more points, then bought items/parts.
- Contestants will go through pre-judging of their costume, on Saturday for about 50% of the points.
- Contestants will be judged in costume, while on stage on the Sunday, for the remaining points.
- Contestants will be judged in 4 different categories
- Contestants will meet at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the competition starts.
- Contestants will be announced by the presenter, and walk on to the stage one at a time.
- There will be a marking on the stage for the spot where contestants will have a short period to show their costume.
- While on stage contestants should:
-Take a short moment at the marking to show their costume to the judges from all angles.
- While on stage contestants may:
-Do an optional performance/Act in character