Midgard is proud to announce the first iteration of the Icelandic Cosplay Championship.
The Icelandic Cosplay Championship is open to residents of any country.
- Name, age, email address
- Character name and origin
- Please apply to compete through this application form.
- Bought costumes are permitted, as well as handmade costumes, and/or a combination thereof.
- No age limit is set for the contest.
- The contest is open to both individuals and groups.
- The cosplay can be based on a fictional character from a published source
- The cosplay can be based on an original character.
- Costumes that have been used to compete in other cosplay contests are permitted.
- Costumes must be finished by the day of judging. Repairs after arrival are permitted.
- The competing costume does not need to be entirely handmade.
- Extra points will be awarded for fully hand-made costumes.
- Contestants will be judged while on stage.
- Contestants will be judged in 4 different categories
- Ages 0-14
- Ages 14-18
- 18+ singles
- 18+ groups
- Contestants will be called up to stage one group or individual at a time.
- Contestants will be called up to stage in order by category.
- While on stage contestants may:
- Show off their costume
- Do a performance/Act in character
- A performance is not required.