Location: Fífan – Kopavogur, Iceland
Dates: September 13th – 15th 2019
Total convention area: approximately 11000 square meters
Exhibitor area: approximately 3500 square meters
Gaming area: approximately 1000 square meters
Additional grass area for Display fights and other events 4500 square meters
Main panel area: 900 square meters
Smaller panel rooms: 100 square meters each/200 combined
All exhibitors, food vendors, and community row participants, must agree to and comply with the exhibitor rules and policies below:
Exhibitor/Vendor rules and regulations
- Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil Ehf. (An Icelandic Limited liability company), which has its offices at Álfheimar 74, 104 Reykjavík, and is registered in fyrirtækjaskrá with the kennitala 6209170360 (also referred to herein as “Show Management”)
- Applicant: each natural or legal person who has applied by means of an Application Form to participate in an Event, regardless of whether this application has been accepted.
- Application Form: the (online) form by which a potential participant applies to participate in an Event.
- Conditions: these Standard Terms and Conditions for Event Participation which are applicable to Applicants and Participants.
- Event: the exhibition, trade fair or other event to be held by or in cooperation with Yggdrasil.
- Participant: each natural or legal person who has applied by means of an Application Form to be a participant in an Event and with whom Yggdrasil has entered into a Participation Agreement. The Participation Agreement shall enter into force as soon as the Participant has received confirmation from Yggdrasil by means of a letter or e-mail message. (Also referred to herein as “Exhibitor”, or “Exhibiting company”.)
- Participation Agreement: the agreement between a Participant and Yggdrasil based on which the Participant is entitled to take part as such in the Event.
- A natural or legal person wishing to participate in an event must submit an application to Yggdrasil. Application to participate in an Event should be made by means of an Application Form, which form may be acquired directly through Yggdrasil or the event’s online application module.
- The Applicant warrants that the information supplied on the Application Form, including the data about the Participant’s duly authorized representative and contact, is correct. Any incorrect information or unauthorized signatures are at the expense and risk of the Applicant.
- Yggdrasil will enter the data obtained by it from the Applicant in a database it keeps for this purpose. By submitting an application, the Applicant authorizes the use and storage of the data supplied by him. Yggdrasil may use this data when organizing the Event and for publication for exhibition-related purposes through the catalogue, website, etc.
- The Participation Agreement is concluded by Yggdrasil’s acceptance of the application (the offer), whereupon the Applicant becomes a Participant. The acceptance will be confirmed by Yggdrasil by letter or, in the case of online registration, by e-mail to the Applicant/Participant and marked for the attention of the contact and duly authorized representative referred to in the Application Form.
- Applications which cannot be accepted immediately owing to lack of space may be put on a waiting list. A decision on these applications is taken before the opening of the Event. Locations that fall free as a result of cancellation will be allocated in the same manner.
- Yggdrasil reserves the right to refuse an application as it sees fit. In addition, Yggdrasil reserves the right to grant priority with regards to acceptance of applications to members of the associations or organizations acting as joint organizers.
- Booth Sharing
- Exhibiting companies may share booth space with other organizations if they acquire prior permission of show management.
- The main company is responsible for completing a separate application for each guest company and for the payment of all related fees.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to share any part of their space without express prior permission of Show management.
- Booth Space Assignment:
- All space is assigned by Show Management. While management will attempt to accommodate exhibit space requests, we reserve the right to modify the floor plan to serve the best interests of the event. Such a modification does not relieve exhibitor of contracted liability
- Booths are assigned in the following order:
- Official partners
- All remaining exhibitors in order of application date.
- Exhibit space assignments will be confirmed only when payment and the signed agreement are received. A reservation deposit of 50% of the total cost is required.
- All booths must be paid for in full a minimum of fifty days before the start of the show. Failure to pay in full prior to fifty days before the start of the show will result in the release of your booth space and the forfeiture of your deposit.
- Show Management’s decisions about exhibitor space assignments are final and binding.
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation period: Cancellation is possible up to 30 days before the event, after this period cancellations will no longer be accepted.
- Cancellation by Show Management: If an exhibitor fails to comply with the payment terms as outlined in this application, or fails to adhere to the rules, regulations and/or policies set forth in this application, Show Management reserves the right to cancel exhibit space without issuance of a refund.
- Cancellation by Exhibitor: Exhibitors wishing to cancel an exhibit space reservation must provide show management with the request for cancellation in writing. Cancellation of space will result in the forfeiture of all monies previously paid to Yggdrasil. Exhibit space costs will not be refunded.
- Show Management may reassign or resell any cancelled space, at its sole discretion, regardless of previously paid exhibit costs.
- Exhibitor Badges
- Exhibitors are allotted three exhibitor passes.
- Booth share companies are allotted three exhibitor passes for any booth under 20m2, booths 20m2 or bigger, receive 2 exhibitor passes per booth share company.
- Badges beyond the allocated number of complimentary allotment are available at a 30% discount off the cost of a general weekend pass.
- Equipment Provided
- Exhibitors may provide their own booth space contents.
- Exhibitors may rent booth space contents from a third party.
- Exhibitors may rent booth space contents through Yggdrasil’s partner, Recon.
- When not providing their own contents, or renting from a third party, each space is allotted one table, two chairs, and one wastebasket.
- Exhibitor Event Policies
- Exhibitors are expected to follow all event policies and exhibitor policies at all times.
- Failure to adhere to the policies may result in removal from the show without possibility of a refund.
- Show management may have both uniformed security, and other security, on the event grounds at all times, but is not responsible for any theft or damage.
- Exhibitors will not hold Yggdrasil liable for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or course of action of any kind.
- General rules and policies
- Advertising of any kind is only allowed within the exhibitor’s booth space. No material may be posted on the venue’s walls, furniture, or any other property, without express prior permission from show management.
- Exhibitors are responsible for any damages incurred due to use of, or distribution of, adhesive stickers/material.
- Absolutely no selling or soliciting is allowed outside of rented booth spaces, unless such a distribution has been expressly permitted by show management through a sponsorship or similar agreement. Violators will be removed from the event. In the case of violating exhibitors, the exhibitor and all employees will be removed from the event.
- Exhibitors must comply with, and be bound by, all laws, ordinances, and regulations of the country, state, county, city, facility, and, whenever applicable, police and fire departments.
- Exhibitor booths must be staffed at all times during event hours.
- Music may not be played without appropriate license, and show management approval.
- Weapons/props must adhere to the weapon/prop policies, and must be inspected by the weapons desk before they may be displayed or sold on event grounds.
- No one will be allowed on event grounds during closed hours. All needed items and valuables must be taken with the exhibitor before the event closes each evening. Exhibitors will be allowed access one hour before the event opens and may stay up to one hour after it closes. Show management will not be responsible for any damage to or theft of property from any cause prior to, during, or subsequent to the event.
- The removal of exhibits and materials prior to the official close of the event is not permitted. Exhibitors must remain present and open until closing on the final day. Exhibitors conducting an early teardown will be fined an early cancellation fee of 25.000 ISK.
- Exhibitors must have at least one Exhibitor representative present in the booth, 15 minutes before the VIP early access time. Exhibitors failing to have a presence in their booth at the aforementioned time will be fined a late fee of 25.000 ISK.
- No children under the age of 14 are allowed on event grounds during set up or tear down, including after the show closes on Sunday.
- Banner and Display Stands
- All exhibit decorations must meet fireproof standards and city fire ordinances. Applicable certification must be presented upon request.
- Electrical equipment and wiring must conform to national and local electrical codes.
- Exhibitors may place banners/stands inside their booth space only, unless with express prior permission by show management.
- Exhibitor standards
- Sexual Themes: Displays containing items and/or sexual themes are not permitted. Products depicting rape and graphic lust may not be advertised or sold
- Nudity: Displays or advertising containing nudity are not acceptable.
- Offensive content: Items promoting or glorifying content deemed offensive about race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, body size, physical appearance, or religion, is not permitted.
- Video content: You must have an official license to display, and/or sell any video content.
- If the Participant intends to build his own stand, a design of the stand (in the form of a clear scale drawing or on the basis of a scale model accompanied by a single scale drawing) must have been submitted to Yggdrasil for approval no later than 120 days before the event. Yggdrasil has the right to refuse approval of any design. In such a case the Participant should modify the design of the stand within a period specified by Yggdrasil in such a way that approval can be granted.
- Show management reserves the right to refuse any content from being displayed on its event grounds.
- General Exhibitor policies
- Exhibitors must check in at Exhibitor HQ no later than 5PM on Thursday prior to the start of the show. Exhibitors must have their booths “show-ready” by 09:30 on Friday, any exhibitor that fails to have their booth set up, and shipping material removed by the allotted time, will be billed a late set up fee by show management of 25.000 ISK.
- In the event an exhibitor fails to occupy his or her space, Show Management has the right to use said unoccupied space to suit its own convenience, including renting said space to another exhibitor without rebate or allowance due the defaulting exhibitor.
- Yggdrasil assumes no responsibility for including the name of the defaulting exhibitor, or descriptions of its products or services, in the event Program Guide, brochures, news releases, or other promotional materials, and all applicants hereby irrevocably grant Yggdrasil the right to use their name, or describe their products and services.
- Yggdrasil is entitled to take photographs and/or make film recordings of the Event and the stands and persons present there for its own marketing purposes. The Participant and staff used by the Participant must permit publication of the photographs and recordings.
- Exhibitors using their own displays are responsible for arranging and paying for all transfer and storage fees, all labor and equipment rental necessary to assemble and dismantle said display, and all costs related to moving said display in and out of the event grounds.
- Show management reserves the right to require the removal of any item or article it deems hazardous or offensive at its discretion.
- Exhibitors will be given a reasonable period in which to consider any changes required by Show Management, and may withdraw material required to be so altered, if the exhibitor finds such changes unacceptable. See “Exhibitor Standards.”
- The Participation Conditions and all legal relations, which may arise between Yggdrasil on the one hand and the Participant and/or Applicant on the other, will be governed exclusively by Icelandic law.
- In the event of disputes resulting from the Participation Conditions or legal relationships arising from them, the parties will first consult together to attempt to resolve the dispute by amicable means. If the parties fail in this, a dispute as referred to above will be decided exclusively by the competent court in Iceland.
- Security and Liability
- Exhibitors are solely responsible for paying all applicable taxes on sales and promotional activities at the event.
- Show Management will arrange for personnel to control access to the Exhibit Hall but is not responsible for any injury to exhibitors’ agents, servants, employees, or damage to or theft of property from any cause prior to, during, or subsequent to the event. Exhibitors hereby expressly agree to indemnify and hold harmless Yggdrasil against any and all claims for such loss, damage, or injury.
- Exhibitors are required to insure their own vehicles, exhibits, display materials, merchandise, and personnel. Exhibitors agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Yggdrasil against any and all claims for loss, damage, or injury associated with exhibitor’s vehicles, property, personnel, events, and general conduct at the event. In the event that Yggdrasil or the owners of the event grounds are held liable for reasons caused or aggravated by exhibitor’s action or failure to act in any manner whatsoever, said exhibitors shall reimburse Yggdrasil and/or the event grounds owners for all costs incurred, including legal defense
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to the event grounds owners or personnel resulting from exhibitors’ displays or actions.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to event attendees resulting from exhibitors’ displays or actions.
- Exhibitors agree to abide by and conform to all additional rules and regulations from time to time adopted or prescribed by Show Management for the management of the event and the exhibit areas.
- Yggdrasil has the right in exceptional circumstances, to amend the dates and times of an Event and the stand space, stand type and/or stand location allocated to the Participant, or in exceptional circumstances, to change the concept of the Event or cancel the Event. In such cases the Participant will not be entitled to claim compensation for any costs incurred and/or loss or damage suffered as a result.
- Changes to dates, times, stand space, stand type and/or stand location or to the concept of an Event as referred to in article M.7, will not entitle the Participant to cancel all or part of his application.
- If an Event is cancelled, the application, the Participation Agreement and any allocation of stand space already made will be treated as having lapsed and the payments made by the Participant to Yggdrasil, with the exception of the Application Fee, will be refunded after deduction of the costs already incurred by Yggdrasil in respect of the Event. Such costs will be wholly or partly apportioned among the Participants on a pro rata basis according to the stand space applied for by, or as the case may be, allocated to, them. This refund will be made within sixty (60) days of the date on which Yggdrasil decides to cancel the Event.
- Yggdrasil will decide on all matters for which the Participation Conditions make no provision or in all cases in which they are deemed unclear.
- Exhibitors acknowledge that they have read the preceding terms and conditions, and additional event policies, expressly agree to comply with them, and authorize Show Management to enforce them.
Please use the form below to get in touch with us.
Our exhibitor manager will be happy to answer any questions and/or to process your application.