Costume design rules:
- Costumes may not be too revealing, meaning that the upper body, genital area and posterior must be covered adequately.
- Costumes may not have sharp spikes, or sharp edges. Spikes and edges should be blunt, and/or made of flexible material.
- Make up and painting should be adequately sealed/applied, so that it does not rub off on other people, costumes, or items.
- Costumes should have a maximum height of
- Airsoft and/or paintball weapons.
- Guns with blanks or flare guns
- Knives, swords, throwing weapons, and any similar sharp items.
- Any type of real weapon
- Blunt weapons or hard rods/tubes that can be used as a blunt weapon
- Arrows of any kind
- LARP weapons (Specifically pre-made, or safe foam/latex ones only)
- Bows without attached string, or sufficiently non-functioning (we have actual archers that can judge the state of the bow)
- Non-functioning imitation weapons, made from non-metal materials
Note: Midgard 2018 is not responsible for any costume damage, and reserves the right to refuse entry to any costumes at our discretion. We also reserve the right to refuse any prop/imitation weapon at our discretion. These will be held at the weapon desk for you.
If you are uncertain whether your cosplay or prop would be allowed, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org